Sunday, February 8, 2009

Too busy to blog

Last week was a great time but I was too busy to up date you on the happenings down here in Mexico. I will start with today and work our way back through the week.



We had a great time of worship both in English and Spanish. Pastor Terry Hill is now here working with us. He is our lead person for our English speaking ministries. We had a good crowd today in the English service in Paamul. Terry and the team in English are going to meet this coming Tuesday to make plans to start a new English service in Playa.



The Spanish speaking service also went well today. We are still meeting in the movie theater in the Mall. God is blessing us each week.



I had a old friend visit us this week on a vision casting mission trip, Randy Carruth, from "I am able ministries" in Louisiana. I have known Randy for about 11 years but had not worked with him for 8 years but God has brought us together again as we have a common vision to reach the Mayan people for Christ. His ministries is already helping us with the project in Chan Chen. We are thanking God for "I am Able Ministries"

Randy Carruth

I was made two trips out to Chan Chen last week and the project is moving on along. We had about ten local men clearing the land and starting construction of the pump house and storage building. I was able to speak to the workers, most understand some Spanish. I shared with the workers the dream and vision for the project in Chan Chen. I explained to them that this dream was from God and that He loved them and wanted a better future for them and their families. I told them our church could keep giving them food and old clothes but God wanted to give them so much more. I said, "He wants to give you purpose for today and hope for the future. They were excited and started working even harder at least for a while. We need your prayer and your financial support if this dream is going to be realized.

Other Prayer needs this week.

Darla's car died and it is going to cost more to repair it than it is worth. Our other car is also in bad shape. So transportation is high on our lists of needs this week.

Pray for our mission team all have many needs as I write.

Doug and Darla Millar

Terry and Debbie Hill

Christain and Abi Carbello

Danny and Liem Penaluen

Alfonso Torres

Look for us on the Golf Channel Feb. 26,27,28 and March 1 we are going to be working as volunteers at the PGA tournament in Playa. The Golf Channel is going to make a $5000 donation to our project in Chan Chen and I get to Go the the PGA Tournament free. This is win! win! God is Good.