Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our backyard prayer garden

As I sat in our garden this morning surround by God's creation I could not get the 23rd Psalm out of my mind.





The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
A shepherd provides. He provides food, shelter, the basic necessities for his sheep. A shepherd protects. He defends against enemies, harm. A shepherd guides. He leads sheep when they're confused and don't know which way to go. A shepherd corrects. Any problem that comes along, he corrects it. The amazing thing is this: God has promised to do these four things in our lives if we trust Him, if we let Him be your shepherd. He says "I'll provide for you. I will protect you. I will guide you. I will correct the problems in your life for you. If you will let Me be your Shepherd." I was worried this morning about The Sunday morning message I was preaching in English and Spanish. I had forgotten God's promise.



He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:He leadeth me beside the still waters.He restoreth my soul:He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.
The Sunday services when great today God is alway faithful.....
Thanks for your prayers!