Sunday, November 18, 2007

Rediscovering what really matters

Thanks so much for your prayers. Darla is still in ICU but she was feeling a little better today. I know our Lord is answering your prayers. Please keep praying.



In times like these I am relearning that it is all about relationships. The most important things aren't things. Last week I thought the color of our bathroom tile for our new house was an important matter. God has a way of getting us back on focus.

I have been overwhelmed today by the outpouring of love and support. My wife Darla is truly a peace maker. I guess I expected our church friends to express their love and support and they sure did in a big way but what I was not ready for was the large number of non church people that Darla has loved and influenced. Today this older lady came up to me on the street and she started hugging me and telling me how much she loved my wife. I guess she was a strong catholic because she started doing the sign of the cross and telling me she was praying her fiend Darla. If that was not enough the boss of our street guards told his men as he began to cry ,"I am not a Christain but I want you to pray for Darla, they are doing good things here "

Then I went to eat tonight at Fridays in Cancun. We have had the same waiter there for ten years. The waiter told me how much to cared about Darla and or family..... He is pictured here... He is not a believer yet but our family has influenced his life.



Darla is in ICU and they only let me visit 4 times a day each visit can be 15 minutes .

The visiting times are 8am, 11am ,4pm and 7pm . Today I was there at 8am and I talked to the doctor he said that every thing is going as he expected. Darla is still in some pain but the doctor said that is expected.

I worshiped with the English Church in Cancun this morning . Marco did a great job and the music is great. Today they are changing the name of the church . As they join the Community of Faith church in Houston.

Cancun Praise team


I went back to hospital for the 11am visit.




After that I drove back south to Paamul and I baptized three new believers. It was a great day in Paamul we has about 65 people in our Spanish service and the English service was a full house.



After that I drove back to hopital in Cancun for my 4 pm visit



I waited around for the 7pm visit.... She was more upbeat but there is still some pain.



Full day...



Thanks so much for your prayers



We are still going forward.