Friday, October 12, 2007

Pray for our Weekend Services

I am preaching in English and Spanish in Paamul. Preaching in English is like breathing it comes natural for me. Spanish on the other hand is like walking on water every weekend. We are seeing lives changed for eternity in both services. Last week we had about 20 people go through the 101 class and join the church. We are planing to baptize many of them next week. We do need to stop and praise God for these miracles and we are thankful that we are seeing God at work but so many more are still living without hope in this part of Mexico. If we are going to really see a great movement of God something will need to change. Most pastors and missionaries may say 20 new members that is a movement but when I see 200,000 living in our city, who see the church as irrelevant it breaks my heart because at the rate we are growing many will never hear.

Sooo the million dollar question is what do you do to impact this area for and see a real movement of God?

I could give you a long list of things we have tried that have produce some fruit but never gained the momentum needed to impact our city. Maybe it has been a lack of faith, or the wrong timing I don't know.... but one biblical principal I have learned and am already relearning is found in John 15:5 He who abide in Me and I in him, bears much fruit; without Me you can do nothing.

We need your prayers as we go forward. I have a dream that we will see a movement of God in this part of Mexico. Pray that we will always seek to know God and that we will abide in HIM.

Update on the mission house

Please keep praying for the workers who are building our home. I am practicing my Spanish sermon on them everyday. Maybe that is the key paid guys to listen.